On-site Radiated Immunity Testing
Here is a simple method for building a temporary screened chamber (Faraday Cage) required for radiated immunity testing. It can also provide ambient attenuation for radiated emissions pre-compliance. The chamber can be made of 4’x10’ mesh panels bolted or screwed together. A ground plane is under the chamber.
Partially lined (i.e. 4 pieces 5’x5’) with anechoic material www.mwt-materials.com MAC-8101 Flexible Low-Frequency Microwave Absorber or equivalent.
- Build wood panel frame 10’ x 44” out of 2”x4” lumber
- Need 50 panels for 40’ length
- Use 1/4” mesh galvanized steel hardware cloth
- 4’ x 100’ mesh rolls cut into 10’ pieces
- Staple mesh to frame to make panels with overlapping mesh
- Hinge one panel for a door